Speaking of land, I've been looking at several different properties. I haven't really seen anything that is exactly what I want. I'm looking for about 5-10 acres somewhere... preferably flat with some trees, but not forest. I want horses... duh, so I'll want a barn. If there's no house on it, no biggie, we'll build one.
Oh... they also do not have the cable lines run to our apartment buildings yet, so I have no TV or internet at home atm. I have found small distractions in Clinton Anderson videos (thx mom) and a few movies from Blockbuster, but you can only watch "Gaining Respect and Control on the Ground: Series I" so many times, and renting gets expensive at $4 a pop. My most recent passer-of-time at night is Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix on audio-book, which I received from a co-worker who is a fan of the Harry Potter series. That, however, will not last forever... especially when you've got 4 hours to kill at night. So I'm hoping they'll get the cable lines in soon.
I bought an old recliner from our local Goodwill Superstore (that's right... I said Superstore... we have those here) for $13... it was a yellow tag special. I then bought a sheet from the local Walmart Supercenter (yeah... we have those too, doesn't everybody?) for $2.68 to put over it. I just don't trust furniture from Goodwill, and I know Lori won't. I made sure to get a green sheet so maybe Lori will be drawn to the color and slightly more likely to actually sit in it.
My next endeavor will be to get something to set my computer on... I'm thinking one of the cheap old kitchen tables from the Goodwill Superstore for $15, or possibly something from a garage sale. I'm certainly not going to buy something "expensive".

For all of those of you who are interested... yes... I am loving my job and all of that hoo-ha. I work with a team of 10 DBA's... only 3 of us are white. Everyone else is Indian (like... red dot on forehead Indian, not live in a teepee Indian). I am still kinda learning all of their names, but it is proving difficult with names like Swapnil, Abbijit, Duvviri, and Balaje (for example). They are all extremely nice people, though. I am even learning a bit of Hindi, India's national language. I'm posting a pic of my cube above (yes, I live in cube-land). The factory floor is really cool too... all kinds of machines banging, welding, twirling, and making cool noises. I have started walking around out there during lunch. I feel badly for the workers though... they look like they're really bored. I know I would be!
Anyway... this is my first blog posting, but I'll try to do more. Be sure to leave me some feedback.
-m

6 comments:
Hey Baby, You should tell the people where're you're working and why I'm in FL and why we decided to move!
Love you Lori
Hi Manu! I'm so glad you are liking Cookville. While I was reading your blog I got to thinking...we sure do write a lot a like. You should read my blog. http://rachelphillips.blogspot.com. I think it's cause we came from the same family :) Kinda funny though. I like your work desk :) Love you!
hey man. wuts up. glad to hear things are going well. i thought man that maybe i could bring you the old x box if you like? we won't be here this weekend, but maybe i can bring it to you as we are passing through or something? let me know. oh, here's my blog. http://idthoughts.blogspot.com/
Hi Matt! Where in the world is Cookeville? That seems like it could be in Tennessee or Alabama or something! Glad to hear things are going well. Your cube is so much more organized than mine! Things are great up in good old Illinois with me too! Glad to hear you have a nice open venue to chat! :) Keep in touch!
Hey Matt!
Welcome to the blogosphere! Great name for your blog. I wish I had thought about it for mine (with the exception of 'Matt')
Glad things are going well for you.
Keep in touch.
bye
Hi Matt! It's so exciting that you and Lori will be closer to family. When is the move?
Post a Comment